The Kabul times, Afghanistan Trustable News Agency.
Articles

Unprecedented increase in domestic products’ exports to foreign countries

Although Afghanistan has been facing some international economic restrictions since the Islamic Emirate (IEA) takeover in mid-August 2021 and several hurdles exist against the exports of Afghan traders at the seaports of Pakistan and Iran, the country’s exports to foreign countries have been unprecedented in the past 11 months. The office of the Deputy Prime Minister for Economic Affairs has informed of increasing exports of Afghanistan products to foreign countries this year. Based on infor mation, Afghanistan has exported over $1 billion worth of products to various countries in the world and region in the past 11 months of 2023. In a statement released by the office of the Deputy Prime Minister for Economic Affairs, the other day said that Afghanistan has exported $1.717 billion worth of products to various countries of the world and region in the past 11 months. According to the statement, 76 percent of these exports were comprised of fresh and dry fruits, fresh vegetables, saffron, coal, carpets, cotton, medical plants and other items, and the remaining 24 percent included various export goods. It added that 97 percent of the goods were exported to Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, India, China, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan, United Arab Emirates and Uzbekistan. The remaining three percent of the goods were exported to other countries of the world. Following the re-establishment of the Islamic Emirate in mid-August 2021, we have seen considerable developments almost in all areas including trade and exports of the country’s domestic products to foreign countries. The exports of the country’s domestic products have shown unprecedented increase in the past one year comparing to previous years. Besides, ground has been provided for national traders to export the country’s domestic products to foreign countries. Exports of the country’s domestic products to foreign countries can boost the productivity of Afghanistan and bring major changes in the economy of the country. The Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan is working to turn the country into an exporting country in the region. In recent months, exports of various commodities to western countries including the United States, France and Turkiye have increased. In recent months, Afghanistan has started to export pomegranate juice to the United States and other countries in the world. In the past two years, domestic manufacturing companies in Afghanistan have also started to double their products so that they can export their products to foreign countries. Analysts believe that Afghan exports will further grow with the opening of the Wakhan route and other trade paths in the future. It is worth mentioning that trade relations between Afghanistan and various countries in the region and world have increased in the past two years. The export of various commodities to other countries has been expedited as the Islamic Emirate has paid special attention to the country’s trade and business relations with other countries in the region. Afghanistan mostly exports fresh fruits, dry fruits, carpets, herbal plants, coal and precious stones to various countries of the world. Mashal Noori

Related posts

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

The Kabul times, Afghanistan Trustable News Agency.