As Afghanistan is an Islamic country where ulamas, tribal elders, dignitaries and mujahidin have always played a principal role in the protection of the country’s sovereignty, governance and defending their religious and national values in the course of history; therefore, we, ulama and dignitaries of this Ulama gathering, the number of whom reach to 4,595 are declaring our position about the current Islamic system and situation as follows:
- The Islamic system has been a great blessing of Almighty Allah and an everlasting desire of our Muslim people. Experience has shown that the Islamic system brings justice, security, dignity and blessings. The Islamic system has been one of the great aspirations and goals of jihad and over four decades of sacrifices, migrations and hardships. With the special grace of Almighty Allah, we now have an Islamic system in the country; therefore, we all support and defend the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan (IEA) system and it is compulsory for all Afghans to support and defend the Islamic system.
- We once again renewed our allegiance to the supreme leader ‘Amir-ul Mumineen’ of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan (IEA) Shaikh-ul-Hadith Mullah Hebatullah Akhundzada and are strongly supporting him, accepted and are accepting him as the legitimate leader based on Sharia. We wish him success in all his affairs.
- As the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan (IEA) has been emerged from the body of the Afghan nation and no countries or fronts has interfered in its establishment, this verifies and is a valid proof of its domestic legitimacy. It has maintained overall security, ended islands of power, spoiled possible threats to Afghanistan and other countries in the region, rooted out a culture of corruption and embezzlement in governance, and established a centralized system of government in Afghanistan. Supporting and strengthening this system is both in the benefit of Afghanistan, region and all the world. Therefore, we call on the world, neighboring countries, the United Nations, UN and international organizations, specifically on Islamic countries and agencies to recognize the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan (IEA) as a legitimate government and do have a positive engagement with it. In addition, they must remove all sanctions from Afghanistan and should release the country’s frozen assets.
- We (Ulama) support and praise the issued order of the IEA for not cultivating poppies and other drugs in the country.
- We support the policy of non-interference in the internal affairs of neighboring and world countries by the IEA and we support the IEA’s decision to not allow any other countries to use Afghanistan’s soil against any country. Likewise, we call on the countries around the world and neighbors to not interfere in the domestic affairs of Afghanistan.
- As the IEA is an Islamic system and has full sovereignty across the country by providing security, any means of armed resistance against the IEA is rebellion and the eradication of such armed resistance groups is compulsory by the IEA and the nation.
- The Islamic State of Khorasan Province (ISKP/Daesh) is an illegal group which spreads corruption in the country; therefore, financially supporting this group and having relationships with it is haram and unlawful.
- We call on scholars and ulama who fuel controversial issues to refrain from such topics so as not to cause sedition in the country.
- We urge the Islamic Emirate to establish justice in the country and to pave the way for religious and modern education, health, agriculture, rights of ethnic minorities and women and children and economic development, within the structure of Sharia.
- We call on the leadership of the IEA to stabilize their internal and national unity and to protect national sovereignty. Also, we urge them to create job opportunities for Afghans and to eradicate poverty in the country.
11. We support the Contact Commission with the Afghan Personalities established by the IEA and we call on politicians and figures based in foreign countries to return home.