The Kabul times, Afghanistan Trustable News Agency.

New plan to reduce poverty, help self-sufficiency: Minister Qayoumi

KABUL: The Ministry of Finance has done initial works to prepare a $8.7 billion investment package focused on eradicating poverty and ensuring sustainable economic growth, an official said Sunday.
“The Afghan government has developed a policy of economic self-sufficiency and is committed to reducing donor dependency, combating poverty and sustainable economic growth,” Finance Minister Mohammad Humayon Qayoumi told reporters here.
He said the possible investment plan by the government included 66 percent investment in agriculture, 15 percent in solar power generation and 19 percent in urban development.
He said the government would provide $5.8 billion which accounted for 67 percent of the package while the remaining 33 percent would be provided by the private sector. He added the time for this investment package was nine years while the government would make investment in its first five years. Qayoumi said the government had contacted some banks in order to get cash for the execution of its plan. Referring to the handing over of some hospitals to the private sector, Qayoumi said the issue of improper planning often derailed the process.
He said Afghanistan till 2024 carried international community’s aid pledges with itself.
NATO member countries during recent talks in Brussels hailed efforts by the government of Afghanistan and reiterated their support till 2024.
The Kabul Times

Related posts

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

The Kabul times, Afghanistan Trustable News Agency.