The Kabul times, Afghanistan Trustable News Agency.

DABS collects debts worth over 1 billion Afgs

Officials for Da Afghanistan Breshna Sherkat (DABS) or the country’s main electricity supply company have informed of collecting the company’s debts worth 1 billion AFG from defaulters.
According to the company’s officials, so far 201 people have come to pay their debts; therefore, the company
has not sold the debtors’ properties.

Speaking to journalists in a news conference on Monday a spokesperson for the country’s electricity supply company Hekmatullah Maiwandi said the company has collected 554,595,498 AFG from its debtors in the past two months, adding that totally 1,129,69,3925 AFG has been collected from the company’s debtors.
Meanwhile, the DABS officials said that the load-shedding of electricity would be increased during the cold season of winter due to some technical problems in importing electricity from Uzbekistan.
“The reason for the increase in load-shedding of electricity is due to technical problems of importing electricity from Uzbekistan, said Safiullah Ahmadzai, the chief operating officer of Da Afghanistan Breshna Sherkat.
He added that after the Islamic Emirate takeover in midAugust 2021, the DABS projects worth $450 million
have been stopped and nearly 1,459 acres of the company’s lands have been retaken. This comes after Da Afghanistan Breshna Sherkat has informed of a mechanism for retaking the company’s usurped lands in
the country.
According to the officials, 70 percent of the country’s required electricity is maintained from Uzbekistan, Tajikistan and Iran, while the remaining 30 percent is maintained from domestic sources.
Saida Ahmadi

Related posts

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

The Kabul times, Afghanistan Trustable News Agency.