The Kabul times, Afghanistan Trustable News Agency.
Articles

Afghan society & situation of women’s religious education

An Afghan girl reads the Koran in a madrasa or religious school in Kabul, Afghanistan, October 8, 2022. REUTERS/Ali Khara

Both men and women make the human society, but according to some researches, women make 53 percent of human society, while the remaining 47 percent of the society is men. The holy religion of Islam has given women a very high position as they have enjoyed the right to own property, they have been given the right to get education with a series of restrictions imposed to protect their dignity and modesty. There is no difference between men and women, if there is a difference, it will only be in terms of responsibilities and structure. As a Muslim man wants and needs to be in heaven and is obliged to observe or implement the Islamic law, a Muslim woman also wants and needs to be in heaven and is obliged to exercise the Islamic rules. Off course, a Muslim man and a Muslim woman will not know the religious rules and their importance on daily life without getting education. Unfortunately, in our society, the level of religious education of women is very low. An Afghan woman is considered only as a servant in homes and they are seen as home servants. Although women get rewards by serving the husband and other members of the family, it does not mean women should only do the housework and should not perform her religious duties and should be kept unaware of them. In the Holy Quran, Almighty Allah says that head of the family is responsible for saving their families from hell. “O believers! Protect yourselves and your families from a Fire whose fuel is people and stones, overseen by formidable and severe angels, who never disobey whatever Allah orders—always doing as commanded”. According to interpreters and religious ulamas, the only way to protect one selves and members of their families to provide ground for them to get education. If anybody pays particularly attention to their daughters, sons and other members of the family to get religious studies or education, encourage them to receive Islamic studies and teach one or two lessons of the Islamic studies to women of in the family on daily basis, hopefully the disturbing situation will change and this will help raise the Islamic education level of women in Afghan society. This also helps the society to move forward and experience positive changes and have a trained generation and then a clean society which will be free of all crimes. Hopes have increased now as the Islamic Emirate is ruling across the country. Thanks to Almighty Allah that efforts are underway for providing ground for women religious education in the country. Off course, it is necessary that particular consideration is paid to the women’s religious education across the country. Abu Sufia

Related posts

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

The Kabul times, Afghanistan Trustable News Agency.