The Kabul times, Afghanistan Trustable News Agency.
NationalReport

10 million SIM cards legally registered, ministry

KABUL: The Ministry of Communication and Information Technology, said in a statement the other day that 10 million SIM cards have legally been registered. “60 percent of the process has been completed in Kabul city, and the remaining 40 percent of SIM cards will be registered soon,” the statement said. The spokesperson of the Ministry of Communication and Information Technology, Enayatullah Alkozi said that each telecommunication company was asked to register 250 thousand SIM cards and upon completion of the process, ATRA will receive new SIM cards. He said: “Although the process was changed to a complex issue in Afghanistan and has taken the form of a puzzle, no effective steps have been taken to solve it, but now in the history of communication in Afghanistan, it was the first time that all used SIM cards were subjected to a legal process and this process is now completely legal and successful”. Currently, around 23 million SIM cards are active in Afghanistan. The Ministry of Communications and Information Technology has also asked the telecom companies to hire mobile teams to increase their capacity. The Kabul Times

Related posts

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

The Kabul times, Afghanistan Trustable News Agency.